Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Work Stuff and More Garter Testing 4 - In the "Cold"

I am happily on my business trip. So far, it has been pretty good, except for missing Sir. We did a puzzle room as a teambuilding exercise, then went to dinner at this historic tavern, where everyone was dressed up like it was the mid-1800s and the food was fantastic. The sessions today were really informative and well done. And they gave us tacos for lunch!!

One thing that I find interesting is how people dress here. Normally, we all wear uniforms to work. But at this meeting we can dress casually. I am 95% sure I am the only person wearing a skirt today. I am on a break right now, but we're meeting again in a bit and I am going to look around a little more closely. Thinking of skirts is making me think of the most recent "Garter Testing" that Sir and I did a few weeks ago.

So, Sir and I went out to run errands. I was being grumpy and didn't want to go. But I sucked it up and thought, this might be a good time to try and test the garter belt and socks outdoors in cold weather.

Sir checked the weather and it said it was 39 degrees. Not bad, good enough for a test in the cold, we thought.




I feel like I looked pretty presentable. Just an everyday woman running errands. You couldn't tell what was underneath. And it looked to me like a normal outfit I'd wear outside.


Sir and I went to his doctor's appointment. Then we stopped to pick up his prescriptions. Then we went to Best Buy to get a flash drive, and look at replacing his tablet.

The garter belt is fine. Very comfortable. Stays where it should. I'm really quite happy with it. The socks... while they stayed up, again they are just a bit too tight in the thigh. As time went on they were getting more and more uncomfortable. When I got home I couldn't wait to get them off!

As for testing in the cold... well it warmed up. It was 50 degrees! I even took my coat off. I was very comfortable wearing these in terms of warmth at 50... not sure again how it would hold up to colder temps.I could feel a breeze around my upper thighs, but on a day like today, it was pleasant. I enjoyed it. If it were colder... I think I will need a slip and much longer skirts to be warm in those colder temps. More wardrobe to acquire!


So while I am not wearing those garters today (I have leggings on underneath my skirt), it is something to think about. Maybe this time next year at this meeting, I won't have leggings; I'll have my thigh-highs and garters!!

It actually makes me a little nervous; being "that person". Because what if they are seen... what will my coworkers think? Will it affect my employment somehow?

Just little thoughts of paranoia. I could also get a longer skirt to be sure they won't be seen, too!! Only time will tell what will happen, though. Except getting rid of the leggings. Sir's already decreed that, so it will happen!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lea, glad to hear the business trip is going well. The dinner sounded fantastic! Hope the remainder follows suit. Glad too that the garters were a sucess :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz! I had no complaints about the food on this trip!

      Delete
  2. Just experiment and adapt. It sounds like that's already what you're doing .....so good luck. I think being dressed somehow differently, and with a purpose, makes even the most mundane moments special, so enjoy the thrill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely experimenting. And the difference in dress is good for my headspace! Thanks.

      Delete
  3. i think if anyone saw your garters accidentally they'd be like "wow what a sexy woman!" cos you know, we all secretly (or sometimes not so secretly) think that garters are hell-a sexy. so you probably shouldn't worry about that.

    glad that it was a good test run. and that you're having a good time on your business trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think them seeing them and thinking that is my issue. People tend to associate garters as a sexy thing, and if they saw them, I fear that they would think I was purposely trying to "be sexy" at work. People are weird here. They don't mind their own business, and tend to be quite conservative. I worry it may impact my interactions with my coworkers, and affect my career, whether people own up to it or not.

      But I can't not do things because of worry like that. Grow a little thicker skin and they'll have to get over it, I suppose!

      Delete
  4. Conservative people were the last ones to give up their garters a few decades ago. Just a little food for thought. ☺

    ~Gaspar

    ReplyDelete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...