Tuesday, April 03, 2018

New Garter Belt and Thigh High - Test 3!

My new "real" garter belt finally came in. I remembered that I still had an Amazon gift card, so I figured I'd take a peek at what they had on there. I chose this one:

Rago Women's Six-Strap Garter Belt

And because of my giftcard, it was essentially free!

My new thigh highs had already come in, so it was time to test. I didn't have anywhere to go until my evening sports practice, so I figured I'd just test them while doing chores around the house.

First, the thigh highs:

 

They're definitely better than the black ones I tested. The extra lace portion ensures that they are thigh-highs. And it gives an easier area to attach a garter clip. But they are tight! You can see my thighs muffin topping twice in these socks.

Next, getting that garter belt on:


I'm glad so far that I picked this one. It definitely is made of sturdier stuff than the mesh one I first got. It doesn't have hooks at all, so there's no risk of it popping off at the back. I have to slide it on like a skirt. And it is just tight enough that I feel like it will stay up all day. I ordered a 2X. I feel snug and secure in it.



Next are the clips and straps. They're metal! And the button is a nice hard rubber that seems to hold well. When you lift up the strap, there are teeth to hold it in place after you slide it to desired length.

I threw on a random dress and went about  my day.


They stayed at my waist. Check! The clips stayed put. Check!

The only thing I disliked about the garter belt was that it is difficult to put the clips on at the backs of my legs. But I think that is more of a me issue- that I have to get used to doing it, and less of a problem with the garter itself.

I am very optimistic that this can be an everyday garter belt. Still need some better thigh highs, but these will serve. They did feel quite tight at the thigh after awhile. But still, better than the previous black ones! Sir and I  also tried to test it in the cold weather, but the weather didn't cooperate; it was too nice out!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lea, glad you finally had sucess. Love the garter :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try clicking the back on the thigh highs before pulling up the garter belt completely. It is a slower process putting it on, but can work once you get the hang of it.

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I ended up doing something like that. It's probably a little easier but the angle will be a little awkward no matter what, eh?

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. awesome stuff! Glad they're working out and STAYING UP. darn i hate thigh highs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope they continue to stay up! I just bought another pair of thigh high socks!

      Delete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...