Thursday, March 22, 2018

Spectacular Snow Day

Yesterday was fantastic.

We got hit by the Nor'Easter. I didn't go into work (with my boss' full approval) and instead worked a little from home. After I realized I wasn't going in, I crawled back into bed to cuddle with Sir for a few more hours. He got a call right as I was getting in bed that his job was completely closed. Score! Snow Day!! Together!!!

We both got up leisurely from our morning cuddle. I went to complete some things for work that I had to get done, and it also made me feel less guilty for staying home (though it was totally the right decision; my coworker spun out and had to get a tow when she tried to go in- she is thankfully okay).

Sir then got a call we'd been hoping for: He got offered a job! He's been interviewing for months to find a job that was A) Anywhere that is NOT his current job because his boss is a Grade-A Douchenozzle, and B) Closer to where I work so we can move and ease our commutes.

This job fits both those things! It's an hour and a half closer to my job!! Once he starts there, his commute will go from 70 minutes to about 45. Then we can move hopefully before this summer, and his commute should go to about a half-hour, and there is even a bus!! Once we move, my commute will go from 90+ minutes to about 30. I am very excited for this potential. I can stop spending literally 3-4 hours of my day, everyday in my freaking car. Squeeee!

Him getting this news was just so fantastic not just for our future but for his whole being. I could see the anxiety, stress, and frustration leeching out of him. There's benefits, and while it is a pay cut, it is enough for us to get by. Plus after moving, we won't be hemorrhaging gas money, either.

This news had Sir on top of his game yesterday too, making sure everything was getting shoveled out. He went out there and would not let me go help! I have been the one doing a lot of the shoveling since he'd been at work. It was a nice refreshing change. I got to revel in him being stereotypically manly, and making him hot chocolate.

He was in such a good mood when he got back in, he brushed and bound my hair while we watched Secretary. We do love that movie! Definitely getting a lot of mileage out of the DVD. This hair binding, though, was particularly weird. He used a very thick rope that I think we've only used once for hair bondage. He had a lot of extra rope, so he double, or even triple bound it in spots. It was very heavy. While it did put me in a submissive space, I don't think it was very aesthetically pleasing.




After the movie, I made us a banging dumpling soup, and then to celebrate our big news we had: Booze n Brownies n BJs Night! We weren't going out in the storm so I made a tin of brownies and we boozed it up while cuddling and hanging out watching John Oliver, haha.




Afterwards, Sir finally got to fully unwind with a nice BJ.


What a truly refreshing and relaxing day!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun snow day Lea. Wonderful news your Sir getting his new job and being able to move closer to your job to cut travelling time.
    Yum those brownies look good.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lea, what fantastic news, and even better that the new job will make life easier for you. Congratulations to Sir! What a wonderful bonus snow day too :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz. I am so very excited. I started looking at apartments even though our lease here isn't up until the summer!

      Delete
  3. Ah Lea that's great! Congrats to your Sir on the job. I've heard of steak and bj day but booze, brownies and bj day is a new one! 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daisy!

      Steak and BJ day! Sir and I brought that up on the 14th. It's supposed to be for men, as Valentine's day is more aimed at women? Funnily enough on V-day, Sir got... a steak and a blowjob!!

      Delete
  4. That was positively a good news that..well except for the blizzard, but turned out pretty well for both of you also. I am so ready for spring...and congrats to Sir on the new job, sounds perfect! hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby. The blizzard wasn't so bad. It allowed me to do some snowshoeing, and take a day off! Most of it is already melted. I do hope that this is it; that spring is coming. It's supposed to be 57 here next week!

      Delete
  5. Sounds nice. Rosa stayed home too but ended up with a migraine and it sort of ruined the day. I probably really need a day like you described but my mind and mood are so far from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that it didn't work out. We gotta get you a day like that. Maybe Rosa can insist on it! ;)

      Delete
  6. WOW Lea, I don't even really know you and I am over the moon with happiness about the job! Those commute times sound truly awful. I don't know how people do it and keep their relationships alive- let alone specific dynamics!!!

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Willie.

      I don't know anyone out here in blogworld, but I feel like I do. You follow peoples lives, their ups and downs... I geniunely care about what happens!

      This is my fourth season with this commute and man, is it ever getting old. I don't know how we even do basic day to day life sometimes, let alone our relationship, or seeing family, or anything besides work, groceries, cleaning, and sleeping.

      Delete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...