Friday, July 21, 2017

Simple Service

Sometimes, I have a later shift where Sir has work in the morning.

This was one of those days. I could have slept in, but I chose not to. Instead, I got up a few minutes after Sir. I made coffee. I made him breakfast. I waited for him to get out of the shower. While he was eating, I made his lunch for the day, and let him know what he could easily heat up for dinner, as I'll be home late from work.

These are just simple things, but they're definitely part of my submission. Do I want to make his lunch everyday... well, sort of, but not really. It is certainly easier to just make one for myself. To make his too is extra time and effort. I have to really plan out my time - making both the night before as I don't have time to do it in the morning. It's a small task, but those minutes add up, and I have a 90 minute commute each way - I HAVE to get my ass out the door. Making his lunch reinforces my service to him, to do this. That is the part I like, making his life easier, being reminded of my place.

I don't usually make his morning breakfast - I am typically out of the house before he wakes. I usually do make enough coffee for both of us, and leave his hot so its ready for him, though.

So, today was a nice little morning where I was focused on the right things. I hope I can continue with this mindset.

I need to remind myself of all the little things that we do that DO reinforce our roles in the house and in our chosen lives. It is easy to forget them sometimes.


1 comment:

  1. Good on you Lea. Those small acts of service aren't actually that small. They can make such a difference to his day, and to the mindset.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...