Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Not that kind of Switch, Mom!

 For my birthday, Sir gifted me a Switch. And of course, my favorite video game to go with it. We're finally getting to a place where discretionary income is a thing again!

I was floored and so very excited! I'm a huge Zelda fan. I've been playing nearly my entire life with my dad. This will actually be the first major console Zelda release I'll play entirely without him. 

My mom called to wish me a Happy Birthday and asked if I had gotten a present from Sir. So I told her excitedly that he got me a Switch.

She was silent for a long time.

Then she said quietly, "... like, to beat you with?"

Oh. My. God.

I just started laughing. I couldn't even breathe. 

In between gasps of air, I replied:

"Yeah, and he made me pick it out and cut it off the tree, too."

 I eventually explained to her that no, of course it's not that kind of switch; that it's a Nintendo (she remembers me and my dad playing the old ones).

I'm just thinking of the other use of the word. Her brain would probably implode.

This exchange did make me wonder. Is this just a fluke? Her old-school sense of that word and the only thing she could think of?

Or does she somehow, know?

I suppose it could be both.

Hopefully not, though!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lea! What a wonderful gift from Sir. LoL at the comment from your Mom.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should have said no mom not that kind of switch for my birthday spanking he just used his hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just totally spat out my chicken from laughing at your mum's remark! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...