Sunday, February 18, 2018

Kinky Olympics

The Olympics. I am a pretty huge fan. I don't like to watch much sports on TV - I prefer to watch the few I enjoy in person. The exception for me is the Olympics. I'm pretty much glued to it.

I am really enjoying these winter games. The opening ceremonies were uplifting, full of wonder, and hope. The countries coming in, North and South Korea competing as one... the lighting of the torch... the drones, the skiiers, the Arirang performance, the Imagine performance! So many good feelings.

Then the backstories of the athletes, and watching their competitions. It is amazing. The hard work, the dedication, the years of practice. It is inspiring what they do to pursue their sport.

Which got me thinking to relationships and kink.


I feel like my relationship is best, that our kink is best, when Sir and I are actively working on it. When we get practice. When we make time for each other, even when it is inconvenient. When we engage in the community, thinking about what to do, what not to do, what has worked, and what has not. And making time to practice our craft - whatever it is. Dominating, submitting, bondage, restraints, rope play, impact play, etc. 

Have you ever had that experience of "being rusty"? I mean, we've gotten a good laugh at times for how out of practice we've been with kinky skills. But at least for Domination and submission - the more out of practice we are, the more it "doesn't work" when we come back to it. I'm not as compliant, I'm not in the right headspace. Sir says something that is meant to be bad-ass and starts laughing halfway through it. 

The more we do it, the better we are at it. The more it works. Almost like exercise or training for your sport. Maybe that's why maintenance spankings work. Or having a weekly time where Sir  just plays with rope.

To be good at what you do, you've got to practice! So, are you going for the gold in your relationship?


6 comments:

  1. Hi Lea, great post! I am not a sporty person at all, but I too love the Olympics and find myself watching as much as I can.

    We have had so many stops and starts with ttwd we seem to be constantly rusty lol. We haven't practiced for quite some time now and we occasionally talk about whether we want to bring some elements back but not being sure how. It does take practice.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Roz. I am trying to be a sportier person, but the Olympics are the height of all sport I think!

      I feel like Sir and I get rusty too. We've only just re-started our dynamic in a real constant sense. I think it may help if you talk about which elements exactly you want to bring back - what do you miss, what is most important to you... what elements will add to and deepen your relationship? Then if possible start slow. If it is something very intense, start for one day. Then go to two days, increasing. If it is not as intense, practice slowly. I think of perhaps trying to say "Sir". I did not call Sir by his honorific for a very long time, and when that was brought back I would just do my best to remember for short periods of time. A scene, a dinner, a day.

      I hope it helps!

      Delete
  2. So well said, Lea. You have to feed the relantionship, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bleue. Sometimes it is hard to remember that though, with everything going on!

      Delete
  3. Well the winter Olympics are sort of the only time I can truly get excited about being from the Great White North! LOL.

    I agree with the kink thing. I remember one time I was, um...'doing a triple salshow" and Barney said something to me. I stopped mid 'flight' and said, " Please don't ever say that again". His response, (exhale) "Oh thank GOD you hated that because it felt really, REALLY weird after it came out". LOL

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad you have something to be excited about being from "up there". I am envious sometimes of the social progress compared to here in the US.

      I'm dying reading that exchange. 😆

      Delete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...