Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thankful

Sometimes you can get so wrapped up in everything that is wrong that  you forget to take a moment to have true gratitude for the positive things in your life. There is always something to be thankful for.

What are you thankful for? I'd love to know.

I have a lot to be thankful for.

  • Sir. Sir has been absolutely fantastic. He's my rock, my hero, and my love. He works damn hard to make me happy, sacrifices much and I hope he knows that I feel the same about him.

  • Family. I am blessed to have a big, obnoxious, dysfunctional, loving family. They are in-your-face about everything, including their love and support. It certainly makes for interesting get-togethers.

  • Friends. Though my friends are far away, we always make time for each other. We manage to meet up a few times every year despite being over 500 miles apart. I am starting to meet people in this area and while I would not call them friends yet, I can perhaps see it happening, eventually.

  • Pets. The amount of love and joy given my my little furball and scaley-one is something I am thankful for. The kitty is a cuddler and loves to give affection. I enjoy curling up with him, or having him chase toys around the house. He is a good consoler. The lizard is super cute and has quite a personality of her own. She tolerates baths, but loves a good cuddle (especially next to a warm body).

  • I am thankful for my health. Yes, I have problems. But I can get around on my own two feet, be independent and enjoy physical activities. Not everyone can.

  • I am thankful for our home and life. It is little and there are many like it, but this one is ours. We have a roof over our head where Sir and I can cuddle on our loveseat, play video games, read books and just be ourselves. We have food in our fridge, and heat for this winter. We have working vehicles to get us around, so we can do things, and visit friends and family. Sir and I both have decent jobs that affords us the ability to do all these things.

  • I am thankful for D/s and the community. D/s has brought so much to my life. It brought me and Sir together, and has enhanced our relationship. This blogging community has helped me "meet" some really cool people and have given me a lot to think about in terms of my own submission. Sir and I have started meeting others in our local scene, going to classes and munches, and that's been good for us.

Happy Thanksgiving!!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Lea, what a wonderful list! Wishing you and your Sir and family a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy the celebrations.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely Lea, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many things to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, and hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great list! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope for those celebrating that you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...