Thursday, February 18, 2016

Valentine's and Back to a Collar

All is quiet on our eastern front.

We're getting over what Sir is affectionately calling "the plague". Unfortunately, I spread the love and he got sick too. I'm starting to feel better as he is feeling worse.

This weekend we had a nice low-key Valentine's. On Friday night we went to a new Hibachi and  Sushi Buffet. The food was great and the ambiance was very enjoyable. More selection than the other buffet we typically go to and a dollar cheaper! We stuffed our faces. On Saturday I had work, teaching a class on chocolate and candles for the holiday. It was a lot of effort but a great success! Sir and I also got to eat all the leftovers. Sunday my cousin had a party for her son's first birthday. I drove out there and spent time in the bouncy house and the ball pit with all the kiddos as a grown adult. I was loving it though. I stopped to get Sir a nerdy valentine's box (Avengers lollipop box) and some ginger ale to help his cold. We went to see Deadpool on Monday and I made Chicken Marsala - a nice ending to the weekend.

I've been a little grumpy lately. Not really depressed, but cranky. I guess I'm trading one issue for the other. I'm wondering if my birth control has anything to do with it. I'll stay on it, because I can overcome the grumpiness in exchange for not using condoms. I don't seem to be having other effects, so I'll ride it out.


In other news, Sir decided last night that I may now wear an actual collar as opposed to the chain. He said that I earned it. I am glad he feels this way, but part of me disagrees inside. I feel like I am not making enough of an effort, and am generally being a lazy defiant bum. But maybe in the face of everything that's going on, I've made strides. Maybe I don't feel quite the same as I did this time last year, but even I have to admit I'm better than I was a few months ago. Progress?

I just realized that I went to the dentist today with my collar on. It's so light compared to the chain that I feel as though I'm wearing nothing at all.  No one said anything and they may not have even seen it with my sweater and coat on. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...