Monday, March 29, 2021

The Wait

 I sit in our office, in my customary computer chair. Sir sits in his. We are side by side.

He tells me to close my eyes. I feel him place a very comfortable blindfold over my face.

A gift, he says.

He is going to conduct a test.

And then... I wait.


At first, I fidget in my seat, slightly. Subtle movements of my limbs, stretching my fingers. Wiggling my hips.

I swing my legs, as if I am a child.

Eventually, I spin my chair around. I feel Sir's presence approach me. Steady hands firmly stopping my chair, and pressing it back to the wall, so I can no longer spin. He says nothing, but the message is clear.

He has not told me I cannot speak, but with his silence, I feel the weight of the blindfold over my lips in addition to my eyes.

Eventually, I relax.

In this moment, there is nothing I need to do. Nowhere else I need to be. Nothing to be responsible for.


All I have to do, is wait.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love this Lea, such anticipation! Now I'm dying to know what happened next lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate waiting. but sometimes i NEED the silence and the quiet. and the peace. My life is hectic. BIKSS knows this. Sometimes when he senses i can handle it, he "encourages" me to wait too. I loved this. I loved seeing the mental picture of swinging legs and spinning chair. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Lea, how delicious that anticipation can be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a more patient sub than me! LOL After 30 seconds I'd be going crazy and start acting like a kid in the car with their "are we there yet? Are we there yet?" questions.

    Don't get me wrong, I too appreciate anticipation.....as long as it doesn't go too far over a minute. LOL Anyway, I hope your wait was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anticipation I think is one of the nicest parts of ttwd, the wandering, what's he going to do, etc I find it sends my mind into overdrive as well as other parts of me :)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...