Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Better When Together?

 Do you ever find yourself going a little bit off the rails when you are away from your Dom?

I'm not talking about anything extreme, but just little things.

I'd been away for the Thanksgiving Holiday, and then to help some friends/family during the next week.

It was during this time that I made a decision to meet up with a friend. I didn't consult Sir. I didn't ask what he thought about it, I simply made the plan.

Sir was not mad or anything; we don't have any rules about that sort of thing, though I typically do talk to him and ask what he thinks about these things.

When I got home, I wanted to sign up for a conference that is coming up. I didn't though, because I am waiting to see what Sir thinks about it.

Why is it that I thought to consult him about one thing, but not the other?

I think it is because of proximity. I was away before, but now I am home and he is here.


Does this ever happen to you?

3 comments:

  1. YES....I am away quite a bit helping/visiting with grand children...and the proximity makes a world of difference. The longer I am away the more I seem to 'drift'. Master has started a 'tool box' of items/tasks if I am away for a week or longer.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHen Bikss is in town I usually consult / discuss / inform (if it's something i have no choice about) much more. When he's out on a work trip (despite the fact that he's still just a text away) I too tend to just do my own thing (like you, we don't have any sort of real rules about this sort of thing) and often end up telling him only after. And sometimes not at all. So I think it IS the proximity thing. Which is weird cos even when he IS in town it's not like we live together or anything. Perhaps just knowing he's here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lea, I think it's a proximity thing too. It is harder to maintain focus on submission when apart.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...