Friday, January 01, 2016

Happy New Year

2015 was a hard one. It definitely had its good moments, but it had one of the worst too.

This was the first entire year that Sir and I have lived together. This is definitely a good thing.

We made a lot of progress as a couple. Learning how to live together with each other. Learning how to made our D/s work. Reaching goals. Active domestic service every day. Wearing dresses/skirts every day (I actually wonder if I have worn pants -other than my required work uniform- at all this year). We got our D/s to a good place. It was working for us, and we really enjoyed it.

I got through a really tough working situation and finally found the job I've been waiting for, for nearly 4 years. Using my education, background, and in the field I've been hoping for. With a nice salary too!

We lost my dad this year. This has been the hardest thing to deal with, not only this year, but probably my entire life. Sir has been my absolute rock. Keeping me together, being supportive, literally holding me up when I couldn't do it myself. My brother even pulled him aside to tell him how much he appreciates him and what a great man he is.

I'm definitely not over it; I don't think that's something you get over. But I do feel that we're moving forward. I will always miss my father. I didn't write about him often here, but  we were extremely close. He was one of my best friends, and there's nothing that can fill that hole in my heart. But hopefully with time, the hole will get smaller.

I definitely think that we are in a better place - that I am in a better place than I was almost 5 months ago. Heck, even 2 months ago. And if I can see the progress there, I know I'll make more progress in the next 2 and a half months before I re-start work.



Tonight, Sir and I went to a New Year's Party through a geek meetup group I'm part of. It was nice, low key, and something we did here in our area. No crazy travelling. We had a good time playing games, meeting new people, socializing. I baked some peppermint brownies, and though they were ugly, they tasted good. I feel like it's the first time we have tried to really integrate into life out here. We've been so insular, but we live here, and being part of the community, even if we end up moving is good for us I think.


Happy New Year from Me and Sir. I hope 2016 brings you enough. Enough food on your table, enough heat in your home. Enough time to spend with the ones you love. Enough laughter from joy in your life. Enough health to enjoy the beautiful days. Enough fortitude to make each day better than the last. Here's to 2016.

3 comments:

  1. *squees at the Vault Tec shirt LOL* I'm so sucked into Fallout 4 right now, it's not even funny. And so glad to hear things are getting a little easier for you. I lost my dad 3 years ago Dec. 5th, and he was one of my best friends as well, we were really close so it was/has been/is still hard to deal with and I can so sympathize with you. It does get easier to deal with, the loss- I can tell you that. I still miss him, almost every day, and I still cry sometimes when I let myself think about it, but there's the bittersweet feels too, of knowing how lucky I was to have him in my life, of knowing that he knew how much I loved him, and it helps. I'll never not miss him, my dad- but it has gotten easier to deal with.

    You sound like you're doing well, getting out and socializing is so good for you, it's something I need to push myself to do more of, myself. Glad you guys had a nice new year, and hope this next year turns out to be much better than the last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got that shirt for him for Christmas, he loves it too. And I got him Fallout 4; he's been absorbed. I would be as well but my computer can't handle it yet, so I'll continue playing 3 and New Vegas and then I'll start playing on his computer (unless by some miracle I upgrade by then hahahah)

      I'm thankful for your words about your dad. I think about my luck of having him of all people as a father. I know it is supposed to get easier with time. A small part of me doesn't want it to get easier though. Doesn't want to have to learn to live without him.

      I hope 2016 great for you all!

      Delete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...