Monday, November 16, 2015

Being Off, Sir's Birthday, and A Task

I made it! I had my last day of work on Friday. It was a busy, but good day. I really do LOVE my job. The commute sucks, but once I am there I really do enjoy it, and I'm glad that I am finally in a place where I can say that. This layoff is only temporary, and my position is secure so I can return. I am applying for unemployment today; I'm hoping we get good news there.

This weekend was Sir's birthday. When I had asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday weekend, he finally said that he wanted to get a haircut. Haha, not what I meant, but whatever floats his boat. We both went and got haircuts together (mine was more of a trim). Since he is a meat and potatoes kind of fella, I made some steak, with mashed potatoes and broccoli. And shrimp cocktail for appetizers. And of course, ice cream cake, his favorite. On Saturday night, we went out to celebrate. Went to a local sushi restaurant. Then went to see The Martian. Sir does love his movies. When I think about it, last year we pretty much did the same exact thing. Went to the same restaurant, and went to the same movie theatre! It doesn't really matter though, as long as he is happy.

Sir was taking a picture of my outfit (I made sure to wear something to show off cleavage for him) and I started walking toward him like Frankenstein's monster. Sir also let me take one photo of him at dinner, hahah.



This morning I woke up, enjoying my first day off of this break. I have had a few days to relax with Sir, so I don't feel too much of a need to decompress. I think I can be really productive today, and get things done, like the mountain of cleaning our place desperately needs.

When I came out into the living room, Sir had left a note for me. He hasn't done that in months, and usually when he does, he hand-writes them. Today, he had printed it.


I thought it was interesting that he signed it with his actual name (which I edited before posting), as opposed to Sir, which is what he has done in the past. I guess that reflects the changes that have happened in the past few months. He has mentioned that he wanted us to sit down and talk about our goals, so I have been thinking about that somewhat, though I didn't realize he wanted us to put pen to paper separately.

I'll make these words the priority on being productive today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...