Friday, September 28, 2012

Starting Real Life


That's right - all this interviewing and suit-wearing has really paid off this time - I got the job! And even better, it's a "real" job. Full-time. Benefits. Permanent (as long as I don't mess up). This is wonderful news!

For the past few years I have been struggling with part time, seasonal, or contracted work just to make ends meet. And it's been hard. And I've felt like I was a child trying to play the role of an adult. I start in a couple weeks. I've told my outdoor job, and they've been really supportive. So I'll continue to work there on nights and weekends, as long as I have at least one day off. Someone else there just gave their notice and we're seriously shortstaffed. So I'll help as I can, but my primary focus is going to be the job that is really paying the bills and allowing me to see a dentist.

I'm going to be really busy, but I'll do my best to make time to write here. Plus, Sir might still insist that I write 3 times a week.

So excited!

6 comments:

  1. This is such awesome news, i couldn't be happier for you and you truly deserve every great thing that happens to you!!!

    What a wonderful way to begin your weekend. i think the trick now is going to be balance and knowing when to say enough is enough with your old job.

    Congratulations hun! Super happy for you! =)

    **Hugs**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am over the moon.

      You've hit the nail on the head concerning my other job. I stay there currently because they need help, but partly because I'm afraid to not have a "safety net". I also really enjoy that job, and were it full time, Id have snapped it up!

      I'll have to be really careful with my time management.

      Delete
  2. AWWWWWWWWW...Congratulations from the bottom of my heart! I am happy for you! I know the feeling when one is frustrated with not having right job, or not having it at all...I am in th eprocess of searching for it myself...

    hugggsss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Best of luck in your search. I'm not sure of your field, but I had great success using indeed.com in my search!

      Delete
  3. That's great! Congratulations! I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...